- Way to go
- You’re Special
- You are compassionate
- You are a leader
- You are a great role model
- I knew you could do it
- I’m proud of you
- Super star
- Nice work
- Looking good
- How smart
- You are so creative
- You’re catching on
- That’s the ticket
- Hurray for you
- Now you’re flying
- Well Done
- You’re on target
- You’re unique
- Nothing can stop you now
- Great discovery
- I like you
- You figured it out
- Hip Hip Hurray
- You’re a real trooper
- You matter
- You are important
- You are funny
- What a good listener
- I trust you
- I enjoy spending time with you
- What an imagination
- You belong
- You make me laugh
- You tried hard
- You’re sensational
- You’re growing up
- You brighten my day
- You are responsible
- I love you
- Wake up each day and decide that today will be a great day regardless of what happens around you and in lieu of others behavior.
- Stop complaining and wasting your energy on things that you cannot change.
Traffic: Sure you can take a different route or work from home but how feasible is that?Rather than getting worked up take this time to listen to an audio book or listen to peaceful music.
Long Lines: We all know that long lines suck, but I never can understand someone who gets so bent out of shape over this. Take a deep breath or shop online.
Weather: People that constantly complain about the weather baffle me the most. Get out and enjoy it or snuggle up inside and play a board game, cook a great meal or read a fabulous book.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Eliminate the negative.
- Stop gossiping and do not hang out with people who gossip, nothing good comes from it.
- Worry-Less – What are you so worried about? What is the worst thing that can happen? Look back on your life and all of the things that you worried about, it all worked out didn’t it?
- If you are unhappy about something that you can change, set goals and figure out how to make the change.
- Be kind.
- Do not yell. Unless your child is about to run in traffic or your house is on fire try to refrain from yelling. Use a strong voice and your words wisely.
- Help others.
- Listen more. Speak less.
- Have fun.
- Learn something new.
- Try to get to know a person and their situation rather than judging them. It’s not your job.
- Say you are sorry and forgive others.
- Stop caring about what people think of you. Do your best and treat people well.
Do you ever feel like you are screwing it all up? This parenting thing…this being a good wife thing? I am pretty sure most days that I am. It starts in the morning when I come to find there are no clean school approved pants for my son. The ones that I remembered the night before to throw in the wash but they never made it to the dryer. Or, how about the mornings when we miss the bus and I need to drive my children to school… The morning when I am wearing my leopard pajama bottoms and I do not have a bra on and the male gym teacher decides this morning is the perfect morning to approach my car and chat. Or maybe it is a cold winter day and I am having a meaningful conversation with a mom at the bus stop only to find that I have a half eaten lollipop stuck to my hat? Yes this is me…humble, authentic, dorky me…but the best part of it all is that I do not take myself too seriously and I roll with it. I am doing my best. It is very true that most days my husbands socks do not match and my childrens carved pumpkins do not look like anything that remotely resembles the ones that I have seen on the cover of a magazine. And that damned Elf…I dread his return and I almost always forget to move him and need to make up some far fetched story. But regardless of all these things my husband and children think I am pretty great…and that’s enough for me!
- Never call yourself fat or say negative things about your body.
- Talk about what your body can do not just how it looks
- Value people for who they are, not how they look
- When you see someone in public or on TV that is not a size “2” but looks wonderful, point out how beautiful they look
- Keep healthy food choices in the home and cook with fresh ingredients
- Show your children how they can enjoy treats such as ice cream in moderation
- Talk about how healthy eating is good for our bodies and has nothing to do with our weight, but rather how it helps our body work
- Spend time daily doing a physical activity with your child, this will energize them
- Refrain from making comments such as ” she is so fat”, “those jeans make you look skinny”, “you need to lose weight”, “I need to wear my fat pants today”
- Speak positively about your body
- Tell them that they look healthy and strong and beautiful
I love being outside as often as possible regardless of the weather, my children are the same. I have found that when I need a new perspective on things or to clear my head the choice is clear. Go outside. I am lucky enought to live in an area that is filled with natures bounty. The list of things to do is endless…hiking, skiing, fishing, kayaking, rock climbing.
I am also lucky enough to have a core group of friends that enjoy the outdoors as much as I do. We are raising our children to get out and explore because you never know what you might find.
There are days that I probably should stay home and clean more, or wash the ever building stack of laundry. But, there are only so many days in the year that are filled with brilliant color and grand fortune to be discovered around each corner.
You may even have a chance meeting, or gain a new perspective!
You could possibly be giving a gift of a lifetime that does not cost anything at all…
So the next time someone tells you to “Take a hike” don’t consider it to be a bad thing…
Because it quite possibly could be the best thing!
As I take a moment to check in, in the midst of helping with homework and boo boo’s, carpooling to sports and preparing supper and getting clothing and lunches ready for tomorrow. I want to ask you…what have you done today to nourish your soul? Have you taken the time to tell youself that you are doing a wonderful job? Have you looked in the mirror and said ” I like what I see?” Have you gone outside and said…”Wow it is beautiful around here”? If not, it is not too late….go to the mirror and take a good look, go outside and look at the dark sky and breath in the air. Say to yourself “you are doing great”!
I am not interested in you liking me…I am interested if YOU like YOU. It is really quite simple if you do not like you, you liking me or anything else in life is a mute point. So tell me…do you like you? If you don’t we’ve got some work to do!
New Beginnings…they are exhilarating..a new romance, the butterflies in your stomach, the anticipation of your first kiss. A new home…so pristine and untouched, a blank canvas if you will. So exciting! A brand new baby…warm, gentle and sweet. That new job that you longed for…it makes you feel alive! Then, time passes and romance becomes routine, babies grow and answer back, homes become messy and cluttered. Jobs… mundane. I hope you will take this journey with me here at wisdomedwife as I begin this new adventure. In doing so I would love to guide and inspire you to live in the moment and make every day a new beginning.