I have lived with Crohn’s Disease since 1987. I am here to help. If you need any help managing your disease please feel free to reach out to me.
I will post weekly assignments for everyone to do to help you live the best life possible. Please share your feedback!
Write down 5 things that you like about yourself. Now write down why you like those things.
Write down 5 things you would like to improve about yourself. Now write down how you plan to do this. If you are not sure how, ask me I am here to help!
- Never call yourself fat or say negative things about your body.
- Talk about what your body can do not just how it looks
- Value people for who they are, not how they look
- When you see someone in public or on TV that is not a size “2” but looks wonderful, point out how beautiful they look
- Keep healthy food choices in the home and cook with fresh ingredients
- Show your children how they can enjoy treats such as ice cream in moderation
- Talk about how healthy eating is good for our bodies and has nothing to do with our weight, but rather how it helps our body work
- Spend time daily doing a physical activity with your child, this will energize them
- Refrain from making comments such as ” she is so fat”, “those jeans make you look skinny”, “you need to lose weight”, “I need to wear my fat pants today”
- Speak positively about your body
- Tell them that they look healthy and strong and beautiful
5 black tea teabags
2 cinnamon sticks
8 whole allspice
zest from 1/2 orange
11 cups water
12 oz can frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup honey
In a cheesecloth bag, place teabags, cinnamon sticks, allspice and orange zest. Place bag in a 3-quart saucepan, add water and simmer for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for an additional minute. Remove spice bag and serve.
I love being outside as often as possible regardless of the weather, my children are the same. I have found that when I need a new perspective on things or to clear my head the choice is clear. Go outside. I am lucky enought to live in an area that is filled with natures bounty. The list of things to do is endless…hiking, skiing, fishing, kayaking, rock climbing.
I am also lucky enough to have a core group of friends that enjoy the outdoors as much as I do. We are raising our children to get out and explore because you never know what you might find.
There are days that I probably should stay home and clean more, or wash the ever building stack of laundry. But, there are only so many days in the year that are filled with brilliant color and grand fortune to be discovered around each corner.
You may even have a chance meeting, or gain a new perspective!
You could possibly be giving a gift of a lifetime that does not cost anything at all…
So the next time someone tells you to “Take a hike” don’t consider it to be a bad thing…
Because it quite possibly could be the best thing!
1 cup pineapple
1 handful spinach
1 tsp flax seed
water to fill line
Juice or blend and enjoy!
Handful of kale or spinach
2 stalks celery
handful green grapes
1tsp chia seeds
1 tsp flax seeds
water or coconut water to fill line
put in blender or juicer…mix and enjoy
I do a shot of Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar Daily….I usually take a break for about 15 days here and there because it does wear at tooth enamel if you do not. There are so many benefits….lowers blood pressure, aids in weight loss plus so much more. Just be sure to chase your shot with a quick rinse of warm water or mouthwash!
I juice daily…actually what I do is called blending because I use a NutriBullet so I drink everything not just the juice. I think it gives me energy and helps me keep a lean figure. I will post recipes for you to enjoy!