My daughter Julianna has started doing you tube videos. Her focus will be hair, makeup and fashion and cute videos of our family! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa2xsBEl5eY
As you venture out into the world today, keep that motto in your head. You may not be in control of what transpires throughout your day but you are most certainly in control of how you respond and react to things. Be mindful in those choices. Do not allow things that are not in your control such as traffic, the weather or the behavior of others to ruin or control your day…after all, Today is a good day for a good day!
This recipe comes courtesy of my husband Jason and is perfect for this time of year.
one 2-3 pound boneless pork loin
1/2 cup fresh rosemary
2 cups apple cider
3 cups apple cider
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 head cabbage
1 cup mayo
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 cup dried cranberries
For sweet potato wedges
4-6 sweet potatoes
1 stick butter butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 350
PORK- season pork loin with oil, salt, pepper and fresh rosemary. Place on sheet pan and add 2 cups apple cider and roast until internal temperature of 145-150 (about 35 min)
CIDER GLAZE- using 3 cups apple cider to 1 cupcider vinegar, pour into sauce pot add drippings from pork loin and reduce about…
View original post 110 more words
This blog is new for me so I would love for you to get to know me better!
- I love the outdoors
- I love animals
- I adore children
- I have a thing for lumberjacks, cowboys, and all things flannel
- My nickname as a child was Pippy
- I moved a lot as a child, going to 8 different schools
- I love making snow menand snow angels
- I love hot drinks… cider, tea, coffee, cocoa, mulled wine..you name it
- Maine is my favorite place on Earth, specifically the Pemaquid/New Harbor Area
- I enjoy camping
- I enjoy cooking and baking
- I love rain, thunderstorms and snow
- I love new adventures
- To be continued…
- Never call yourself fat or say negative things about your body.
- Talk about what your body can do not just how it looks
- Value people for who they are, not how they look
- When you see someone in public or on TV that is not a size “2” but looks wonderful, point out how beautiful they look
- Keep healthy food choices in the home and cook with fresh ingredients
- Show your children how they can enjoy treats such as ice cream in moderation
- Talk about how healthy eating is good for our bodies and has nothing…
View original post 72 more words
- Wake up each day and decide that today will be a great day regardless of what happens around you and in lieu of others behavior.
- Stop complaining and wasting your energy on things that you cannot change.
Traffic: Sure you can take a different route or work from home but how feasible is that?Rather than getting worked up take this time to listen to an audio book or listen to peaceful music.
Long Lines: We all know that long lines suck, but I never can understand someone who gets so bent out of shape over this. Take a deep breath or shop online.
Weather: People that constantly complain about the weather baffle me the most. Get out and enjoy it or snuggle up inside and play a board game, cook a great meal or read a fabulous book.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Eliminate the negative.
- Stop gossiping and…
View original post 153 more words